Sunday, September 04, 2005

 

Shoot The Dealer?

Went down to the local cardroom Friday for a £20 rebuy PLHE competition. Only 76 entries (107 the night before) and I drew a table where no one wanted to deal. Every other table had started and all the players on mine looked completely lost at what to do. So I volunteered to deal, swapped seats and got £2 off each of them (that was my first rebuy paid for!).

Started off well, raised with JJ got 2 callers Flop J85, first caller lumps it allin. I call allin and other guy passes. Lumper has QJ 5 on turn 8 on river and all chips to me....sweet!

Had a couple of funny pots. Raised with TT bb is short and lumps in a 200 reraise. I call he has 45 off suit. Flop 456 I say 7 8 coming...turn 7 he starts swearing river 5, cue him pumping his fist and chattering away in Greek. His friend, another excitable Greek then calls my bet allin on a flop of QQT with KJ I have AQ and his only outs are running Kings or a 9. Of course 9 hits, for more loud Greek celebrations. I got to the end of the rebuys without rebuying and with 3100 chips froma 1000 chip start. The table was very loose and i took the add on. the table broke soon after and I eventually got busted with 77 vs 88 Flop QQ4 turn 7...river 8. At least I wasn't dealing that hand!

Saturday saw Forest lose yet again against a very ordinary Brentford who are supposedly the best side in the League. The worst thing about our current plight is the league is so crap yet we are 1 point off the relegation spot. Scary!

Health wise I have been given a date for the ligation op to clear up my "leak". 20th September will see me back in hospital, hopefully I will be fit enough to play the £300 freezeout at Walsall on the 24th September. A nice smoke free cardroom will make a pleasant change.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?