Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

Lazy Days

Neglected my updates so in reverse order this is whats been going on:

Last night I tried my first WCOOP money satellite. A disappointing 54th in Omaha Hi LO $31 down the drain. The odd thing about these is the buy in is $11 rebuys $10 but apart from the seat ($530) the pool is split into $22 prizes. So there were 6 seats and 18 x $22 prizes. Daft thing is most players will be in for $21 or $31 (more if you really suck) so why not change the prize structure to say $60 chunks. I liked the "old" method, managed to once finish 2nd in a $1050 WCOOP sat for $1040 in cash :-). 3rd got eff all.

My second tourny last night was one of those "bit of a waste" one. A EPT freeroll organised by talkSPORT. Only the top 2 went through to a final on Saturday lunch time. So even if I won a seat I'm watching Forest that day so wouldn't be able to play. Somehow ended up 9th. My best hands were flopping a set of 3s on a Jack high board and my foe with QQ called my allin reraise, having AK in the bb and the sb moving allin with A2!

My exit was a case of bad calls and my trying to keep the foe in backfiring. I have AA utg and bet 6000 (blinds 2000/1000 100 ante). UTG+1 calls all others pass. 15900 in pot. Flop QTJ two clubs. I bet 6000 and get insta called. Bet out on blank turn leaving me with 2825. Called again. 8 on river yuk. I bet and he reraises my last few chips. I have a sinking feeling and call to see his A9o take down the pot. So I'm out 9th. I don't think I could've played this pot any differently apart from maybe betting more preflop. But ultimately I want A9o to make a loose call here!

The week before I cashed high in the Hendon Mob Forum tourny 3rd spot for $228. Got to love added money :-) Nothing much remarkable about this tourny apart from the number of hands I passed where I'd normally lump it in. Obviously patience plays. I wasn't even going to play this but I'd overslept too late to go the Gala early evening £10 NLHE jobbie. Obviously some clouds have a silver lining.

I lasted 1 hand in the Blondepoker forum event on the same night. QQ utg I raise 4 x bb and late position min reraises. I rereraise and he goes allin. I call to see KK a low board means I'm out 93/93. Probably 99% certain to move in on low raggy flop so can't really be too hacked off.

Only a week until I am back in hospital for the operation. Hopefully I will be limping into the cardroom at walsall on the Friday for their £300 freezeout (well the satellite to be 100% accurate).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?