Friday, July 01, 2005

 

Recovery Position

Managed to scrape back some of my losses. Ended the month minus $69 online, from a gain of $350 to -$250 so I am definitely swinging around. Most of the recovery was in $100 buy in PLO. I still continue to suck in SNGs.

I spent most of Wednesday night doing what I do best, sweating two players in PartyPoker's "Latenightpokerace" semi final. Both jbsc7769 (Simon C) and Awesome Ali (Ali!) got through to the televised stage. (In)famy awaits them. It should be screened on Channel 4 in August. Good luck guys!

I was so bored yesterday I even ventured down to my local cardroom. It was a £20 rebuy PLHE affair and I tripled up early with 54 suited when the flop came 554 and I got action. I dwindled down to 1500 due to a pretty crap run of cards, no pairs abouve 5's no AK no AQ not even the dreaded AJ! I then get AK utg. I pot it and big blind has a monster stack and reraises I go allin and he has QQ. I don't catch and rebuy. this was in the "last 3 hands" stage and I ended up having 2 more and a top up in the next 3 hands!

I finished about 50th. Cash game £50 dealers choice saw me go from -£100 to +£150 then I lost two pots in a row, both where board paired up and I knew my nuts flush was dead so passed (correctly as matey boy had hit his 4 outer). This left me +£2 and it was getting to the stage where I was tired and the big losers were posting live straddles and going all in blind to try and get even. Not my idea of fun!

Interestingly, after all the fuss about the "atmosphere" there the cardroom actually banned an abusive player. The player was a right prat, drunk and nasty, funnily enough he was chipped up on the final table when he got banned so he was anted out!

Health wise I am feeling a bit better and I am hoping to be fit to go back to work on the 11th. I will continue with my efforts in PLO, though possibly not on PokerStars!

Monthly stats Online -$69
Live cash +£2
Live Tourny -£100

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?