Thursday, July 07, 2005

 

Mr Big Balls

Started my dialysis today. What happens is I have had a cathetar fitted in my abdomen and I release fluid (a sort of glucose solution) into my perotenial cavaity. Every 4 or so hours I drain off the fluid and repeat the process. It can be dodgy as if you don't maintain a sterile area you can pick up all sorts of nasty infections.

Anyway the "training" was today. It went well and I was released from hospital at lunch time. I was feeling a bit sore when I got home but I got the shock of my life when I went for a piss. My scrotum was now the size of a cricket ball!

Some drastic googling and I found that this is often a problem with new cathetars and I rang my nurse up. After being reassured I drained off the fluid and am now having to wait another two weeks to start dialysis. Meanwhile I am walking around like John Wayne. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?