Wednesday, July 20, 2005

 

Early Night Poker

Trundled off down to my local cardroom's first £10 NLHE "Rookie" night. 69 runners with a cap of 4 buy ins. 1000 chips per buy in. My first table was mostly newbies. An example of the standard. Newbie, first pot bets 50 with 50 (blinds 25/50). Passed on flop. Next hand he lumps 900 all in preflop and wins...err the blinds!

I get AA on the button 3rd hand and get two guys allin preflop. one has QQ the other KJ(!!?) and Ace on flop and paired up turn gets me up to 3000. I stagger around 3000-4000 during the rebuys until I get the dreaded AK suited in the bb. 4 limp so I bet 400. Unfortunately the previously mentioned newbie calls without blinking. Everyone else passes. Flop J69 rainbow. Newbie has 500 left. I bet 500. He calls straightaway. I say "You must be ahead" and he turns over 85 off suit. Before the dealer says "85 or 7 needed" up pops the 7 on the turn! King on river is irrelevant. Oh well we live and learn!

I got to end of rebuys with 2200 so added on. 3200 when the freezeout started and I had err...3300 when the final started. Blind 800/1600 and I lasted until 9th.

A good night though and getting busted at midnight meant I still had time to have my usual 2 hours of fitfull sleep.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?