Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

Gone To Pot?

Since I came out of hospital I have restarted playing PLO ring games and PLO8 or PLO SNGs.

Mixed results so far. Four $100 buy in PLO sessions, +$11, +$87, +$17 and -$14 in ring games and one 3rd place out of 2 SNGs. Not a great sample size!

I watched the PLO ring for about 2 hours before getting in and have several players tagged as poor or good, obviously I try to avoid the latter. Todays session was a minus and I wasn't too surprised. Despite 3 truely dreadful players there I never got going, was -$40 at one stage and only got paid off by small stacks. I always buy in for the max, but not yet developed a need (until today) to top back up. What amazes me is the number of folk who buy in short and fail to get full value off their nut hands, but I guess they think their "style" works (or they may be running scared?)

Health wise I am still having trouble sleeping and the current warm (for Nottingham) weather isn't helping. Doctor has signed me off sick until July 11th so I will probably hit the poker (online at least) over the next fortnight.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?