Monday, May 23, 2005

 

What a Difference a Year Makes

This time last year I was recovering from a 3 week trip to Las Vegas for the World Series of Poker. I left before the main event. A win like my one on Friday would then have meant a quick look on the internet for a hotel and a flight out with little notice. Unfortunately my health situation (plus my job) mean that is no longer possible.

So what do you do with a sudden influx of cash (even a relatively small amount as £2K). Sadly most of it has gone into the bank to be used later in the year (hopefully). I have bought some goodies though. WPT series two on DVD has been ordered and I got the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" DVDs of series 1-3, along with , rather tragically, a 2005/2006 Forest season ticket. A freebie I got this weekend was the WSOP on DVD which covers nearly all the ESPN shows from 1973 up to an including the 2004 shows. Theses were courtesy of my friend Derek (OldKingCole online) who I believe will be selling copies at 25 quid (which considering there are 20+ hours of shows is great value). If you are interested contact colepoker@yahoo.co.uk

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?