Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

Friday Night's alright

Whoever said you have to be lucky to win a poker tournament would have been proud of my effort on Friday. 75 runners turned up for the £20 PLHE rebuy event. By the end of the rebuys over £6000 was in the pool with £2420 to the winner.

I had a relatively quiet rebuy period, buying in 2 times and adding on at the end. One big suck out was where I was short and raised an early limper, I had 88 and 3 called until the limper re potted it. So I was allin and faced the limpers AA, AQ and 87. Amazingly the first card dealt was the case 8! Nothing else of consequence appeared and I got up to 3000+ chips. I ended the rebuys with 2750 and topped up 1000.

My next big hand was TT in the big blind. The button mi-raised, small blind called so I smooth called. Flop KT3, small blind goes all in. i smooth call and button reraises all in. I can't put him on KK so I call. Small blind has KQ button AK 3 on turn and I triple up.

We move tables, already down to 40 players and I get a few small pots then raise in first position with AJ. My foe on my left reraises all in. I have seen him do this with any pair and I really cannot see how I am ahead. I decide to gamble and call. he has JJ! Oops. Luckily flop brings Ace and no case Jack appears. I then raise with QQ get 2 callers. Flop KK2 and I bet out the pot. Both my foes had Ax and passed. I am now up to 15000 with 30 players left. average is 11000ish.

On my new table I get KTo 3 hands on the trot and win 2 of the pots, one with K high! I then get QQ. UTG raises 4200 (Pot raise was actually 5600), One guy (very loose) flat calls. I see UTG has 5600 left and bet 9600. he calls and loose guy calls allin. UTG has small pp and loose AQ. Nothing hits and I win a 27000 pot. we move again now on last two tables i have 40000 which is well placed for final. The last tourny I played though I had 90000 with 15 left and busted 11th. I bust one guy with 99 vs his AJ after 9 flops. I then get AA in the small blind with 1500/3000 antes. UTG bets pot (10500) this puts him allin. Next guy reraises to 35000 allin. i call and big blind passes. My foes had 77 (reraiser) and KT (UTG man). Flop is 456 all spades. None of us has a spade. My 77 foe now can win with 7 twice, 3 four times and 8 four times. Running spades will split the pot! Next card is K and A on river. I now have 120000 plus. Eventually we get to final. I have 104000 out of 300K in play. Several guy have less than 20000 with 2000/4000 antes.

I dont play a contested pot until I am down to 79000 and there are 5 players left. I lose a few more small pots then raise UTG with 88. The bb calls. Flop is Q79 and he checks. I bet the pot and he reaises me allin. I am in a position where if I fold I am extremely short and I want to WIN not get 3rd or 4th. So I call. He shows 97 suited for two pair. amazingly 10 on Turn J river and I hit a straight! This puts me into a commanding chip lead with 170000 out of the 300K. I bust the third placed guy when I slow play QQ. Flop is 346 and he has A5 and misses his 11 outs.

We get heads up and play a few small pots. I then win a pot with trip Qs and the final hand occurs thus: I have 10 7 in the bb, I call a pot raise (I have nearly 260K now). Flop is Q107 and my foe puts all his chips in with JJ and my flopped two pair hold up.

A nice payday and I bought into the £250 NLHE freezeout for the 29th May. This payday has certainly boosted my 'roll!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?