Friday, March 25, 2005

 

Live Forever

Made my first trip of the month to my local cardroom last night. Lucky I got there early as they ended up turning people away. Over 100 runners for a £8000 prize pool. £20 Pot Limit Hold 'Em.

I had my usual Tourney. £100 worth of rebuys and top up and short stacked when the "freezeout" started. worked it up to a decent stack then misplayed AK, overplayed 55 and made a weak call in bb with A8 (foe had AK then!) and was out.

Luckily the £20 cash game had an open seat and after 2 and 1/2 hours I left up £105. £5 profit for the night (paid for taxi anyway!).

I don't seem capable of getting far in live tournies but live cash I have had a good run, though I probably just bokked myself now!

With it being a public holiday in UK I will probably go Sunday night too.

This might be my last live poker for a while. I recently had a blood test and after further tests have been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney disease. In a few months time my kidneys will be totally out of action and I have been put on a transplant waiting list and will have to undergo dialysis. An effect of the kidney problems is I have been failing to produce red blood cells, making me anaemic. The doctor has nixed my flying to Slovenia next month, which is a REAL pisser and I am in for some pain and a need to adjust to regular dialysis.

I'm keeping my chin up. Theres always internet poker i guess!

Comments:
We are all thinking of you mate, I am sure it will work out just fine for you. Best Wishes
Simon C
 
Best wishes on the health front. Hope everything works out......

Ben
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?