Monday, March 28, 2005

 

Groundhog Day

Got a distinct feeling of deja vu at my local cardroom. My second vist in 3 days followed a familiar pattern, sucking in the rebuy event and winning in the cash game. As ever the place was packed, 91 runners for a £30 PLHE rebuy comp. Generated £11000+ prize pool. I got off to my usual awful start and had 3 rebuys quickly. I got up to 2400 chips at the end of the rebuys and decided not to top up. I was already looking forward to the cash game!

I then got a marvellous piece of luck with the last hand of the second level (50/100 blinds). I have AQo in the bb and 4 limp. I decide to check. Flop A6Q two hearts. All check. Turn is 9 clubs. I bet 300 into a 500 pot, one caller, next player makes it 1200, next player lumps 4000 in. I call my remaining 2100 along with raiser. 3 of us allin. I have AQ my foes have A9 and 96 neither has a flush draw. King on river and I am chipped up!

Wheels fall off with AQ again vs AJ. Flop 9TJ I miss my outs. I then get AK allin vs short stacks 33. Flop AK2 turn J river 3!

That decimates me and I go allin in bb with T8 suited hit a four flush but miss.

I get a seat in the £20 cash game, sit down with £50 and first hand in 7 card stud hi lo get quads on 4th street and split with a low in a 4 way pot. Things turn shitty when I get trip tens in 5 card Omaha and my foe has AK for a flush draw. I have QQTT8 and board is 9T2 turn J river Q!

I pull up another £50 and get very lucky. In 5 card O8 I have A2KK4 in blind. No one raises. Flop A5K. Turn 7 river gives me flush. My 4 foes have AAxxx 23xxx 23xxx 23xxx, so I was stumped for any of the pot until the river. That got me up to £170 and I lost a little back and left up £55.

I seriously should consider playing the tournies less!

My next post will be my end of month stats. It makes gruesome reading!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?