Sunday, March 20, 2005

 

The Corrections

One of the benefits of PokerTracker, which I posted about recently, is that it keeps you on top of how many big bets you win (or lose!) over time. The short term can trip you up.

Recently I have been on PokerStars as the bonus has attracted players into the full ring Limit O8 games. Usually the only $2/$4 or $3/$6 Omaha limit games running regularly there are 6 handed, which I've tried but I'm not aggressive enough for.

Anyway, I got ahead $160 or 40 big bets at $2/$4 limit in 220 hands, yummy! The inevitable correction came yesterday!

For conspiracy theorists I tempted fate by cashing out $1000 to try the 20% $200 max bonus on PartyPoker this coming week. I sat down at two $3/$6 LO8 games and over 3 hours lost $240 or.....40 big bets! (bigger big bets too, ouch!). Pokertracker comes into it's own here. Analysing the hands I played too many (twice as high saw flop than winning session). I stayed in hand too long (a ridicolous number of losing river bets called).

Still ahead for 2005 but now down $100 for March. I have about 2 hours of play on PokerStars left before I get $150 from an old bonus and after Tuesday I will be back 4 tabling PartyPoker for that $200. Lets hope I get my poker "head" back on.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?