Wednesday, February 16, 2005

 

A site for sore eyes

Played the "HendonMob" Forum users tournament last night.

76 runners for a $25 NLHE event with $1000 added and "bounty"s on mob members playing. I've had problems in the past with Prima Poker's software but apart from the garish green backdrop it wasn't too bad.

I had a quiet competition floating around the top 10 for the first hour. I had AA once and no callers and won a big pot with AQ vs KK with an AQJ flop. The structure was good with 2500 points and a slow (for online) clock.

It went tits up when an Hendon Mobster joined the table with 30 left. He went allin first hand. I had AJ suited and in most situations I'd pass pronto. The $100 was too tempting and I called. He had 99, Ace on flop, Ace on turn and I'm counting the money, ready to type "GG" and then river comes 9! Oops....

Very next hand I get QQ, lump it in, no callers. AK next hand _PJB_ raises and I lump it in. He calls with 86 suited hit 6 on flop and I go out 30th....

So my abysmal Hold 'em Tourny form continues! Luckily I had a good weekend online and at my local cardrooms cash game.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?