Saturday, January 15, 2005

 

C'est La Vie

Played the Pokerstars.com "Club Poker" private tourny last night. Finished 35th out of 118 so my losing run continues. 0/2 in Tournies in 2005. Too early to be a trend, :)

The good people at PokerStars.com had guaranteed a seat in the French Open European Poker tour (EPT) for this $10 +$1 with $10 rebuy event.

I decided to not rebuy and expected a tight tourny with the guarantee only being breached if there were 141 rebuys . I was surprised as my table went rebuy crazy. After the first hour we had breached the guarantee and had $890 extra to pay down to 9th, so I took the add on.

This was a strange tourny for me. During the rebuy period I trebled my starting chips. One hand I hit the flush with JT suited and a guy with QJo put all his chips in on the river with Top Pair poor kicker. I also played KJo badly Vs AQ and got AQ to bluff off his chips on the river (to be fair me folding was the only way he could get the pot, but I sensed I was ahead).

I had KK once no AA, QQ or AK during the rebuys.

After the rebuys I had a weird start. I had TT and got in a raising war Vs....TT !

A problem I had was I was playing too tight. I only saw 18% flops and when the antes started as well as blinds I was dwindling away. As I got shorter I went all-in with QQ, 76 suited in bb called Flop 754....luckily he blanked all his outs! I then got KK, UTG raised more than my stack. I called allin, bb called for all but 90 of their stack (?!). Flop ATT...bb all-in with 44, UTG man had...TT no runner runner miracle and I'm gone.

Enjoyed it and playing puts me in a freeroll NLHE freezeout next Friday with another EPT seat guaranteed.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?