Monday, December 13, 2004

 

Slovenia Part 2

After the disaster of the first tourny, only saved by Derek winning it and me getting 10% of his profit! I played a single table satellite for the €1000 main event. Derek won the satellite, I finished 9th. Is there a pattern developing? Yes!

I bought into the €200 PLO event and had 1 rebuy. I busted early and Derek busted 18th. One of our party, Matt, despite an "expert" PLO player's advice that he was "wasting his money" entering, got 8th spot despite being down to 1 chip with 11 players left!

Friday was Main Event day. I played one more satellite, busted early, Derek chopped it (sickening isn't it!) and decided to play cash games instead. I got into a juicy PLO game and after a few ups and downs left up €45. First win of the week. Andrew, one of our party won a seat in the Main event and got to the final. This meant of our party all had made a final apart from me!

Saturday was €750 Limit Hold 'em. I managed to find a nice PLO game beforehand and left that up €215. I bought into the limit tourny. Never really got a run together and departed in mid 20s. Derek got to the final! I then lost €180 playing 6/12 Limit Hold 'em. I need to find a better game!

Sunday was Pot Limit 5 Card stud so I played Cash instead. Derek entered the tourny after winning yet another satellite and he got 5th too in the tourny!

My cash exploits improved. I had a rocky start after sitting down with €500 I was down to €250 double quick. I then hit a "rush" and an hour later was up €500! After a couple more hours I left with €910 for a nice profit.

This was the start of my revival....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?