Monday, December 13, 2004

 

Reasons to be cheerful (Slovenia) Part 3...

The last event was a PLO/PLHE tourny on Monday. Andrew was leaving today and after a group photo and breakfast our group was reduced to 3. Andrew had won a satellite, cashed in the NLHE event and killed the 10/20 and 20/40 Limit Hold 'em cash games. A great player and all round good guy!

I warmed up for the tourny with €10/€20 Limit Hold 'em. I had my usual cold start, QQ losing to 42 suited! but went on a mega rush and was up €585 when I left to register for the tourny.

The tourny got off to a slow start and with a reduced field only paid 6 places. I had a rebuy and top up and entered the "freezeout" with exactly what I had bought in chips. I then had two massive hands.

I have K9 spades in big blind. One early position limper, all pass so I'm heads up. flop K97 all hearts. I bet pot, limper calls after long stare down. Turn is 4 hearts. I decide aggression is best and if he has hearts I have some outs. i bet the pot which would put my foe all-in. He dwells for what seems an eternity and passes KK! He said my bet convinced him I had flush. Well I thought my two pair was good so must have exuded confidence! Lucky escape for me!

Next big hand I have T3o in bb. Limper and sb call. Flop A33. Limper bets 300, sb calls I raise to 900, limper passes, sb reraises 3000 allin. Yikes has he A3? I decide I can't pass and I still will have 2500 if I'm losing. I call. sb shows 34o T on turn and I'm chipped up!

WE move tables. 18 players left. I lose two pots when my steal raises are repopped and I fold. I am down to 2400 and in PLO round flop two pair. My bet is reraised and my bottom two pair feels weak but I have 400 left and call. Raiser shows same two pair as me. Then in Hold 'em round I get KQ and go allin to a raiser with KT. Flop TA7 I call for a J or Q J on river saves me.

This gets me to the final table.....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?