Friday, December 10, 2004

 

Points Mean Prizes?

I managed to get the 10000 Action Points on Doyle's Room and they kindly sent me Doyle's book Super System 2.

As I had cashed out, I had 10038 APs left and 12 cents in my account. I have seen some other bloggers start a "challenge" to turn pennies into a $1K bankroll. In my own modest way I am going to try to turn the 10000 APs into a playable bankroll. Once I have exhausted the points playing freerolls (25 at 400 APs a pop), I will grind it out in STTs and low limit O8 and Hold'em.

So tonight was step 1:

A 400 AP "Speed" $100 pool NLHE event. 160 runners and 27 places payout.

I get an early pot with KQo when I flop a straight vs 88 and AK and get up to 6000 chips. We started with 2000 and I figured 12000 would be safe for a cash in. I had a succession of foldable hands until we got to 35 players and I get AK utg. I limp and 3 call. Flop AQ8 and I go all-in. No one calls and I'm chipped up. 66 next hand, they all pass and I'm in the money ($1 guaranteed!).

Get anted down until I have 88 and not enough chips to raise. I go all-in. BB has K7 and K flops. 8 on river and I'm back in. J3 next hand in BB. No preflop raise and I see a flop of J35. I check utg bets all-in I call. He shows A5 and my two pair hold up.

Lose a big pot 11 handed with AK vs KJ and A6 (A6 made a flush!) and we move to last 9. Luckily I move into button seat and within 2 hnads we are 7 handed. I get JJ, call all-in. My opponents have A6 and...JJ! Flop misses all of us and I chop with JJ man. A6 is out so its my bb next hand I get T4 vs JJ and J on river is overkill. This busts me 6th for a $3.50 pay day, allin 50 minutes. A bit of fun, lets see if the next 24 AP tournies are as fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?