Friday, December 31, 2004

 

In place of a New Years' Resolution

I don't do resolutions, as mostly they are things that are broken early (stop eating chips, smoking etc), and anyway why pick one day in the year over another?

The quiet period between Xmas and the January sales has led me to review my poker playing in 2004 and I've decided on a number of projects. These are listed more for my own benefit but if anyone has any ideas please say!

Pokerstars

I had some good results in late 2003 and early 2004 in $20 and $30 NLHE SNG's. For some perverse reason I stopped playing them in mid 2004, apart from the occasional one. My first project for 2005 is to solely play SNG's on Pokerstars. I like the PLO8 ones, mostly they are $5 or $10, but I have a decent sized 'roll. Until I have a few hundred under my belt to work out a provisional hourly rate etc I will not play higher than $50 and mostly $30 or $20. On 'Stars I will still dabble in Multi table tournies, mostly Omaha and super satellites. I had a tremendous win rate in the $215 event supers, but also stopped playing these all in the name of "getting ring experience".

Party Poker

Similar to Pokerstars I will be playing more SNG's and only playing ring games when I have a bonus to clear. I have also set my sights on the PPM cruise and early in 2005 I will be trying to win a seat.

Ultimatebet

I accumulated a lot of bonus $'s on this site in 2004 and you can only redeem them in ring games. So this will be my site for that. I will treat the bonus $ as "rake rebate" as it's not time barred to be cleared. Don't be too surprised to see I have still over $1000 bonus to clear in 2006!

VCPoker and it's skins

I have withdrawn all my funds from these but have 10's of thousands of Action Points on my two accounts. I am intending to play Action Point tournies to build up a 'roll. If I'm successful I will use the $ to plat SNGs using the "20 buy ins" bankroll method, starting at $1 SNGs! This is a bit of fun and will be used to "chill out" at the end of a session on my "more serios" sites. I have already turned some APs into $4 so I'm on my way. Watch this space!

Other Sites

I have accumulated small balances on Paradise, Bugsy's and Prima poker. First aim is to clear the small bonuses left there and redirect the $ to Party or PokerStars.

So thats 2005 online pokerwise!

Comments:
Hey Good Luck in the new year!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?