Tuesday, December 14, 2004

 

The Final Instalment

Got to the PLHE/PLO final in 9th spot. My hopes were raised by talk of a deal to pay 7th to 9th. This was quashed by the second biggest stack(who then busted out of the money, what's Italian for Karma?).

I fold for one round and the game changes to Omaha. I am in blind with JT79. No one raises and I see flop 5 handed. Flop is JT6...I go all-in and get 4 callers. Turn is a 8 giving me straight 789TJ...Q9 in a foes hand will kill me, but they all check. River is a 3 and there's no flush possible. they all check again, so either they are being cute or I have the winner. I hate slowrollers so I announce my "Scala" and they all muck face up hands such as JJxx, QQKx, etc. I dodged a lot of bullets and am now back up to 11000. Very next hand I limp in small blind with QT6J Flop QT6 and I run into Q66T in Robert Binelli's hand. This knocks me back to 2000 chips.

Next time I play I'm in bb with AJ in Hold 'em. sb raises and I go all-in. He has KQ and misses his outs. I am up to 11000 and soon am in the money. Another guy busts and I'm 4/5. 5th and 6th pays the same, but 4th is twice as much. Blinds are 3000/1500 and the short stack has 1200 left. I get 55 in bb. Robert raises 3000 and I stupidly call. Flop is 764 I go in. He has KK and calls. I miss my outs and the short stack is very happy!

Oh well that was dumb call of the year!

So to round up Slovenia:

Cash games were very good for patient players. Limit Hold 'em was especially loose.

The tourny structures were good.

The hotel treated us very well. Excellent food and drink.

Nova Gorica is a quiet town, so gambling is the only "game in town".

If you are interested in going on a tour in 2005, Derek will be organising a trip to Nova Gorica. Contact him colepoker@yahoo.co.uk

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?