Friday, November 19, 2004

 

On the Road

Got a festival of poker coming up. Winging it to Nova Gorica in Slovenia from December 1st to December 6th.

The full schedule is (in euros):
1/12/04 NLHE 100 plus rebuys
2/12/04 PLO 200 plus rebuys
3/12/04 NLHE 1000 freezeout
4/12/04 LHE 750 freezeout
5/12/04 5 Card Stud strip deck! 200 plus rebuys
6/12/04 PLO/PLHE 100 plus rebuys.

With my job situation this is likely to my last live poker at a meaningful buy in level until Summer 2005 when I hope to make my third visit to the WSOP.

Another plus for Slovenia is the events all start at reasonable times, usually 5pm. Nothing worse than a 9.30 pm start and plugging away until 4 am for a chip count. The blinds/starting chips and clock are all set for giving you plenty of play.

I am in preparation mode! Packed most of my "stuff" and have been playing some Limit Hold em and PLO on line to get into the groove. My last oversea trip was to Seefeld in Austria for their July festival. No cashes (JJ ran into AK, did I mention I hate JJ?!). But I enjoyed both the scenary and the company.

Next stage to preparing is a review of some poker books. I am rereading Sklansky's Tournament Poker book and Cloutier/McEvoy's NL and PL HE book.

I understand internet connections are excellent in Slovenia so I will hopefully update my trip as it unfolds.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?