Tuesday, November 16, 2004

 

Jumping Jack Flash

Why i hate Pocket J's...

Bellagio May 2003, last day of WSOP and my last day in Vegas. I buy in to the $500 NLHE tourney. I get to final table. If there were 125 entrants 18 get paid. we had 124 entries so only top 9 get money. I get JJ on button. Raise 4 x bb. BB calls. Flop 974 rainbow. I move allin. BB calls after all of 10 seconds thought and turns over AK. I feel good until K hits on turn and I bubble. (10th paid NIL 9th $1000+ and 1st $20K).

Whizz forward to Nottingham January 2004. I have second biggest stack in PLHE £30 Trny.6 left in. I get JJ and raise pot. BB is chip leader and calls. Flop T28 I move all in and BB has AA...aargh.

Fast forward to Cheeseypoker's World Series of Cheese. I get JJ in bb Button is short and lumps it in. I call. "Good call" as they turn over K7o. K7 on flop and I double them through!

Last hand I go allin with AK JJ calls me. AK8 on flop, "oh goody" I think. Jack on turn!

JJ seems to the one hand that troubles me most, though I have a bit of an issue with AQ too! :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?