Wednesday, October 20, 2004

 

Two out of Three Ain't Bad

My winning run continues live. The Sunday night £30 tourny at my local cardroom normally generates big pools. This week it was slightly less. 66 runners, only £7100+ in prize pool. I get a good start after 30 minutes or so with 3s5s in the big blind. A guy had raised every pot for a while and when he showed down had real rubbish. He raised and I called along with 4 others. Flop comes 2s4s6c. I have the nuts and a draw to a straight flush. Of course I check. One guy bets 400, the raiser puts 1400 in and i call for my last 800. When the cards come over I am glad no one else has a flush draw. The original raiser has 62o(!?) and other allin has 65. Two blanks hit and I scoop up a 3000+ chip pot. I win 2 more pots during the rebuy period and end it with 5800 after taking the add on. As usual once the freezeout ends the players are dropping out fast. By 12.30 am we are down to two tables. I have now got 15000 and have worked out 22000 will be a good stack for final. My cards go a bit dead and we go through two levels with no casualties. I get down to 10000 and get moved as lowest chips to the other table when two guys bust. I get in two hands before my bb. Blinds are now 2000/1000. I need to make a move. There is a new lad on my right who states that "I want to get to the final". He has 25000+ chips. I took his statement as raise me I pass! In my bb new lad calls and so do 2 others. I look down. I have AA. I lump it in, no fancy play! newbie passes. Two others call. Time to pray! Flop is KJT...Ugh..One guy goes allin. Other passes. He turns over QJ and two blanks means he misses. Newbie proudly announces he passed KJ so I was definitely right to raise!

Suddenly we are in the final. I have 28500. The chip leader has 88000 and the rest are short-stacked. I dwindle down to 23500 and get AK on the button. A tight aggressive player bets 10500 (the blinds are 3000/1500). I flat call. My aim is to see if A or K hits. I have position so could get a free card too if flop misses us both. Flop comes QcJcTh. well it turns out it hit us both! Raiser has KcTc and I have the current nuts! All the money goes in. Luckily for me no club comes and I am now on 51500 and second in chips. 7 players are left and it starts to unravel. I get 6s4s in bb, sb only calls 2000, blinds are 4000/2000 now. Flop is 7s8s9c. I have open ended straight draw and a weak flush draw. sb bets 8000 and has 18000 left. I call. Turn is 9h. sb flinches and checks. I check. river is Qd. sb checks again. I am now "playing the board" so I do what anyone should do I bet 15000! After a good 3 minutes thinking the sb reraises to 18000 and I pass, saying I can't call. He has 7 for 2 pairs. I have just blown off 23000 on a hand that couldn't beat the board!

I then make another bad play. I am in the bb (blinds now 6000/3000). I have 12000 left after posting. One guy has 1000 chips and will be in blinds in two hands. We are now 6 handed. The KT guy from earlier raises to 15000 allin. The sb calls 12000. Its 9000 to me. If I call I have 3000 left. If I pass I have 12000. I have KTo. I pass. Of course the allin has K3 and the sb Ax. 3 on flop, T on turn. I shouldn't have been so passive. I end up allin with K3 in bb next time round along with another short stack. We both bust and I get 5th (£510) . Soon after, the last 4 split it £1200 each with chip leader getting £1800. So my passivity with KTo cost me £700.

However, I am now well ahead for the month. Lets see if I can lose it all online!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?