Sunday, October 03, 2004

 

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Back to live poker tonight.

It's the £100 PLHE comp at my local cardroom. Thursday night was my first visit there for 5 weeks. I took a conscious decision to play less and play a bit more on-line and read up on some of the books I bought when last in Vegas.

Thursday was weird. It was a full house 70 plus runners over 7 tables. £20 buy in and rebuys for 90 minutes. The comp took over £5800 and I busted early. Nothing new there!

No, the weirdness was our table. No smokers! This is a particular bugbear of mine. I usually have to wash my clothes twice after a visit to get the stench of second hand smoke out. The cardroom is not well ventilated and most gamblers like to chain-smoke!

One guy was a smoker but he said he wouldnt smoke until he had to buy in. I seriously think that the two guys who went allin with nothing vs his Full House on the first hand were doing it to get a smoke free night!

I had my usual sucession of bad cards or bad flops. My biggest win was with 84o in the small blind. Everyone had limped in. I completed and big blind checked. 11 people see the flop! 446 flop out and I check call. I get allin on the turn card vs two callers with 65 and A6. No 6 came and I tripled up. Lost it all back over the next hour, the last big pot I saw I had JJ and gave up on an Ace high flop, opponents both had an Ace.

I busted making a stupid move with K3o. Made trip Kings on river but this was third diamond on board. My opponent had diamonds for a flush. He went on to make the final table.

Hopefully tonight will be better. I have had a very cold run in tournies. Luckily my cash game results have been better. More on Dealers' Choice cash games in another post.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?