Tuesday, October 12, 2004

 

Accidents Will Happen

My last blog entry must have been tempting fate!

I went to the £30 comp at my cardroom Monday night. The rebuy period was uneventful. I started with 1000 chips, ended it with 1700 and bought a 1000 chip top up. 55 runners generated £5910 prize pool. There were a group of Canadians playing, from the local Ice Hockey team. One was on our table, playing very weak, never raised, but had built up his chips largely through pots where he bet on flop and everyone passed. I get KQ in bb. Hockey Guy limps with AA. Flop KQ8. He bets pot a short stack underaises allin. I call and the AA cannot reraise. Turn J. I hate this card but call the Hockey Guys allin. this gets me up to 7000+. Final table will need average 19000+ so still early doors.

I get moved to new table 20 left with 9000. Get anted down a bit then with AK beat a calling station, known locally as "standing Order" as he limped into every pot!. AK again on bb I have around 18000. One limper I bet pot,he calls. Flop 235...I have four to flush and go allin. Limper beats me into pot with A4!...I get up thinking he has me covered. Dealer finds I have 900 left. 400 to post sb next hand so I go allin blind (K8). Two others in pot. Flop JT2, 9, river 7...I am back to 3500. I get A8 on button allin. AQ in bb. Flop all rags..river 8. I then win 2 pots uncontested and final announced.

I have 12200 as final starts. I am 9/10 in chips I nurse shortstack. Go allin with JJ...win pot. 2 bust then I get 66 and go allin. Chip leader calls with AJ. Ace on flop...6 on river. I am now on 27000 with 5 left . I lose a few more blinds. split a pot A3 vs A2. we get down to 4, one guy has similar stack to me.. Chipleader bets pot from sb. I have 99 in bb. Other short stack will be allin in 2 hands so I pass. He had AK. Two hands later other short stack goes out. I have 16000 but antes are 6000/3000. Other two guys have mountains of chips. I get 66 on button. raise allin. sb has AJ. J on flop, no miracle 6 this time and I'm out 3rd...

£590..£530 profit...my long dry spell is broken...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?